NGA - PRO ATHLETES GALLERY
Welcome to the NGA Pro Athletes Gallery
Long time NGA show promoters, Francine and Andrew Bostinto, welcome men and women athletes to share their accomplishments. Andrew is president and founder of the National Gym Association (NGA).
Congratulations from all of us at NGA to you!
>>> back to NGA Pro Athletes Gallery. See NGA GALLERY FORM to join... it's free!
Joshua Basler - Pro Male Physique
Personal: Single, no children
Place of Birth: Dayton, Ohio
Facebook: Josh Basler
State of residence: Ohio
Available For Posing Exhibitions and/or Seminars: No
Occupation: Mechanical Engineer
Hobbies: Exercising (big surprise!!), hunting, shooting, working on cars and motorcycles, playing drums, spending time with friends and family.
Favorite Actor: The Rock and Chris Pratt
Favorite TV Show: The Office
Training since: 2011
Year Turned PRO: 2017
Height: 5' 11"
Preshow Weight: 185 lbs
Show Weight: 170 lbs
Education: College Graduate
Best Body Part: Back
Most Challenging Body Part: Legs
Favorite Exercise: Weighted pull-ups
Least Favorite Exercise: Shrugs
Traits You Admire Most In Others: Having a positive outlook on life and willingness to help others.
Traits You Admire Most In Yourself: Self-motivated and a high standard for the quality of my work.
2017 NGA Monster Mash Natural
- Men's Physique Overall Champion
- 1st, Men's Physique up to 172 lbs.
- 1st, Men's Physique Novice "A"
2017 NPC Ohio State Championships
- 7th, Men's Physique Open Class "C"
- 6th, Men's Physique Novice
2017 NPC Midwest Battle of the Champions
- 5th, Men's Physique Novice Class "A"
BIO: A few facts about myself:
• I was raised in a military household and as a result, I was able to travel all over Europe since my dad was stationed in Germany for a few years.
• I ran two marathons while I was in high school. Consequently, I hurt both of my knees so I decided that running may not be the sport for me.
• I was a cheerleader at the University of Cincinnati so I got to see all the football and basketball games from the field/court! Plus there is something very gratifying about being able to do a back flip and hold a girl above your head with one hand.
I've been in love with fitness ever since I was 15 years old. However, it wasn't until 2016 that I started taking it seriously because I knew I wanted to step on stage. This is a difficult sport to begin because it is very intimidating when on the outside looking in. I was blessed to have a few individuals that motivated me to take the chance, and to them, I am very grateful. 2017 was my first year competing and it was the most difficult, humbling, and rewarding year I have had. I look forward to many more years just like it.
It is my hope that I can provide inspiration, motivation, and guidance to others who have a desire to compete but are overwhelmed with where to start. Ultimately though, I am here to glorify God in all things that I do. I am very grateful and proud of being an NGA Natural Physique Open Pro and am eager for the next opportunity to step on the stage.